envisages empowering the migrant groups by organizing the women,
girls in crisis and street children who have lost their identities.
ASMITA envisages getting their voices heard and their genuine demands
recognized by the concerned authorities.
trains them to work towards meeting their socio-economic, educational
and political needs through various methods and trainings. Main
target area: To make the empowering process systematic and result
based ASMITA has selected ten slums of Varanasi city and has grouped
them to twenty centers focusing its activities to women and children.
1. Non-formal Education
2. Community health programme
3. Saving Schemes (Self Help Groups)
4. Motivational programme through street play by the street children
5. Action against the trafficking of girls and women and their rehabilitation
6. Collaboration with Child Line, Police Department etc.